How to Cite this Article: Visootsak J, Mahle WT, Kirshbom P, Huddleston L, Caron-Besch M, Ransom A, Sherman SL. 2011. Neurodevelopmental outcomes in children with Down syndrome and congenital heart defects. Am J Med Genet Part A 155: 2688–2691.
Neurodevelopmental outcomes in children with Down syndrome and congenital heart defects†
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 155, Issue 11, pages 2688–2691, November 2011
How to Cite
Visootsak, J., Mahle, W. T., Kirshbom, P. M., Huddleston, L., Caron-Besch, M., Ransom, A. and Sherman, S. L. (2011), Neurodevelopmental outcomes in children with Down syndrome and congenital heart defects. Am. J. Med. Genet., 155: 2688–2691. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.34252
- Issue published online: 20 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 23 FEB 2011
- NIH/NICHD. Grant Number: 1K23HD058043-01A1
- NIH/NHLBI. Grant Number: HL083300
- 2006. Bayley scales of infant and toddler development. San Antonio, TX: Harcourt Assessment, Inc. .
- 1999. Developmental and neurological status of children at 4 years of age after heart surgery with hypothermic circulatory arrest or low-flow cardiopulmonary bypass. Circulation 100: 526–532. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Neurodevelopmental status at eight years in children with dextro-transposition of the great arteries: The Boston Circulatory Arrest Trial. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126: 1385–1396. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Behavioral phenotype of individuals with Down syndrome. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 6: 84–95. , .
- 2004. A ten year review of atrioventricular septal defects. Cardiol Young 14: 15–23. , , , , .
- 1989. Congenital cardiovascular malformations associated with chromosome abnormalities: An epidemiologic study. J Pediatr 114: 79–86. , , , , , .
- 1998. Population-based study of congenital heart defects in Down syndrome. Am J Med Genet 80: 213–217. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Ethnicity, sex, and the incidence of congenital heart defects: A report from the National Down Syndrome Project. Genet Med 10: 173–180. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Apolipoprotein E genotype and neurodevelopmental sequelae of infant cardiac surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126: 1736–1745. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Patient characteristics are important determinants of neurodevelopmental outcome at one year of age after neonatal and infant cardiac surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133: 1344–1353 , 1353 e 1-3. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Linkage disequilibrium mapping in trisomic populations: Analytical approaches and an application to congenital heart defects in Down syndrome. Genet Epidemiol 27: 240–251. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Late neurodevelopmental outcome after repair of total anomalous pulmonary venous connection. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129: 1091–1097. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Atrioventricular septal defects: Possible etiologic differences between complete and partial defects. Teratology 63: 87–93. , , , , .
- 2006. Relationship of surgical approach to neurodevelopmental outcomes in hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Pediatrics 117: e90–e97. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Long-term developmental outcome of children with complex congenital heart disease. Clin Perinatol 28: 235–247. , .
- 1999. Results of surgical treatment of congenital heart defects in children with Down's syndrome. Pediatr Cardiol 20: 351–354. , , , , .
- 1990. Long-term follow-up of children with Down syndrome with cardiac lesions. Clin Pediatr (Phila) 29: 569–574. , , , , , .
- 1995. Postoperative neurologic complications after open heart surgery on young infants. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 149: 764–768. , , , , .
- 2010. Updated National Birth Prevalence estimates for selected birth defects in the United States, 2004-2006. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88: 1008–1016. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Down syndrome: Progress in research. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 7: 38–44. .
- 1998. Study of Down syndrome in 238,942 consecutive births. Ann Genet 41: 44–51. , , , .
- 1998. Anomalies in Down syndrome individuals in a large population-based registry. Am J Med Genet 77: 431–438. , .
- 1994. Congenital heart disease in infants with Down's syndrome. South Med J 87: 724–727. , , , , .