How to Cite this Article: Nowaczyk MJM. 2012. Narrative medicine in clinical genetics practice. Am J Med Genet Part A. 158A:1941–1947.
Narrative medicine in clinical genetics practice†
Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 158A, Issue 8, pages 1941–1947, August 2012
How to Cite
Nowaczyk, M. J.M. (2012), Narrative medicine in clinical genetics practice. Am. J. Med. Genet., 158A: 1941–1947. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.35482
- Issue online: 19 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 14 FEB 2012
- Anonymous. 2008. A genetic counsellor's journey from provider to patient: A mother's story. J Genet Counsel 17: 412–418.
- 2007. How to talk about books you have not read. New York: Bloomsbury. .
- 1992. Intoxicated by my illness. New York: Clarkson Potters. .
- 2006. “Attention, representation, and affiliation.” In: Narrative medicine. Honouring the stories of illness. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press. 139–154. .
- 2007. What to Do with Stories. The sciences of narrative medicine. Can Fam Phys 53: 1265–1267. .
- 2012. Case-report worthy. J Gen Intern Med 27: 389–390. .
- 2008. Genetics testing stories. In: Genetic alliance monograph series, nr 2. Washington, DC: Genetic Alliance. p 21. , , , , .
- 1995. The wounded storyteller. Body, illness and ethics. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press. .
- 2010a. Why doctors' stories matter. Can Fam Physician 56: 51–54. .
- 2010b. Letting stories breathe. A Socio-narratology: University of Chicago Press. .
- 2010. ‘Maybe it would be better if you spoke to my mother?’ Genetic counseling and personal experience. Patient Educ Counsell 80: 260–261. .
- 1905. Valedictory Address, University of Pennsylvania, May 1, 1889. Published in Aequinimitas, 1905. .
- 2005. Interventional narratology: Form and function of the narrative medical write-up. Lit Med 24: 283–334. .