Emanuela Lucci-Cordisco and Salvatore Scommegna contributed equally to this work.
Article first published online: 17 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Special Issue: SPECIAL ISSUE: GROWTH CHARTS IN GENETIC SYNDROMES
Volume 158A, Issue 11, pages 2750–2755, November 2012
How to Cite
Lucci-Cordisco, E., Scommegna, S., Orteschi, D., Galeazzi, D., Neri, G. and Boscherini, B. (2012), Three unrelated patients with congenital anterior pituitary aplasia and a characteristic physical and neuropsychological phenotype: A new syndrome?. Am. J. Med. Genet., 158A: 2750–2755. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.35579
How to Cite this Article: Lucci-Cordisco E, Scommegna S, Orteschi D, Galeazzi D, Neri G, Boscherini B, 2012. Three unrelated patients with congenital anterior pituitary aplasia and a characteristic physical and neuropsychological phenotype: A new syndrome? Am J Med Genet Part A 158A: 2750–2755.
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 17 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAR 2012
- 1999. Absent pituitary gland and hypoplasia of the cerebellar vermis associated with partial ophthalmoplegia and postaxial polydactyly: A variant of orofaciodigital syndrome VI or a new syndrome? J Med Genet 36: 161–166. , , , , .
- 2006. Congenital adenohypophysis aplasia: Clinical features and analysis of the transcriptional factors for embryonic pituitary development. J Endocrinol Invest 29: 208–213. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Uniparental disomies, homozygous deletions, amplifications, and target genes in mantle cell lymphoma revealed by integrative high-resolution whole-genome profiling. Blood 113: 3059–3069. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Molecular basis of combined pituitary hormone deficiencies. Endocr Rev 23: 431–442. , .
- 1980. High incidence of perinatal insult in children with idiopathic hypopituitarism. J Pediatr 96: 397–402. , , .
- 2009. Imaging of pediatric pituitary abnormalities. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 38: 673–698. .
- 2007. Hypothalamic and pituitary development: Novel insights into the aetiology. Eur J Endocrinol 157: S3–S14. , .
- 2008. Developmental disorders of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland associated with congenital hypopituitarism. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 22: 191–206. , .
- 2009. Congenital hypopituitarism: Clinical, molecular and neuroradiological correlates. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 71: 376–382. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Neonatal identification of pituitary aplasia: A life-saving diagnosis. Review of five cases. Horm Res 62: 10–16. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Alu-element insertion in the homeodomain of HESX1 and aplasia of the anterior pituitary. Hum Mutat 25: 503. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Novel HESX1 mutations associated with a life-threatening neonatal phenotype, pituitary aplasia, but normally located posterior pituitary and no optic nerve abnormalities. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91: 4528–4536. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Hereditary cutaneomucosal venous malformations are caused by TIE2 mutations with widely variable hyper-phosphorylating effects. Eur J Hum Genet 18: 414–420. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .