How to Cite this Article: Rosenbloom ST, Butler MG. 2012. Development and implementation of electronic growth charts for infants with Prader–Willi syndrome. Am J Med Genet Part A 158A: 2743–2749.
Development and implementation of electronic growth charts for infants with Prader–Willi syndrome†
Article first published online: 17 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Special Issue: SPECIAL ISSUE: GROWTH CHARTS IN GENETIC SYNDROMES
Volume 158A, Issue 11, pages 2743–2749, November 2012
How to Cite
Rosenbloom, S. T. and Butler, M. G. (2012), Development and implementation of electronic growth charts for infants with Prader–Willi syndrome. Am. J. Med. Genet., 158A: 2743–2749. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.35581
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 17 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 14 JAN 2012
- 2005. Prader-Willi syndrome: Clinical genetics, cytogenetics and molecular biology. Expert Rev Mol Med 7: 1–20. , .
- 1990. Prader-Willi syndrome: Current understanding of cause and diagnosis. Am J Med Genet 35: 319–332. .
- 2009. Genomic imprinting disorders in humans: A mini-review. J Assist Reprod Genet 26: 477–486. .
- 2011. Prader-Willi syndrome: Obesity due to genomic imprinting. Curr Genomics 12: 204–215. .
- 1988. The use of skinfold measurements to judge obesity during the early phase of Prader-Labhart-Willi syndrome. Int J Obes 12: 417–422. , , .
- 2008. Array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) analysis in Prader-Willi syndrome. Am J Med Genet A 146: 854–860. , , , .
- 1991. Anthropometric study with emphasis on hand and foot measurements in the Prader-Willi syndrome: Sex, age and chromosome effects. Clin Genet 39: 39–47. , , .
- 2006. Management of Prader-Willi syndrome. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag. 550 p. , , .
- 1987. An anthropometric study of 38 individuals with Prader-Labhart-Willi syndrome. Am J Med Genet 26: 445–455. , .
- 1991. Standards for selected anthropometric measurements in Prader-Willi syndrome. Pediatrics 88: 853–860. , .
- 1986. Clinical and cytogenetic survey of 39 individuals with Prader-Labhart-Willi syndrome. Am J Med Genet 23: 793–809. , , .
- 2011. Growth standards of infants with Prader-Willi syndrome. Pediatrics 127: 687–695. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Prader-Willi syndrome: Clinical and genetic findings. Endocrinologist 10: 3S–16S. , .
- 2009. Prader-Willi syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet 17: 3–13. , .
- 1988. Growth charts for children with Down syndrome: 1 month to 18 years of age. Pediatrics 81: 102–110. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Effect of growth hormone on height, weight, and body composition in Prader-Willi syndrome. Arch Dis Child 78: 474–476. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Worldwide practices in child growth monitoring. J Pediatr 144: 461–465. , , .
- 1998. Treatment with human growth hormone in patients with Prader-Labhart-Willi syndrome reduces body fat and increases muscle mass and physical performance. Eur J Pediatr 157: 368–377. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Recommendations for the diagnosis and management of Prader-Willi syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93: 4183–4197. , , , , .
- 2010. Use of World Health Organization and CDC growth charts for children aged 0–59 months in the United States. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 59: 1–15. , , .
- 2003. Effects of growth hormone on pulmonary function, sleep quality, behavior, cognition, growth velocity, body composition, and resting energy expenditure in Prader-Willi syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88: 2206–2212. , , , , , .
- 2007. Five-years growth hormone (GH) treatment in adults with Prader-Willi syndrome. Acta Paediatr 96: 410–413. .
- 1987. Craniofacial variation and growth in the Prader-Labhart-Willi syndrome. Am J Phys Anthropol 74: 459–464. , .
- 1989. The developing role of anthropologists in medical genetics: Anthropometric assessment of the Prader-Labhart-Willi syndrome as an illustration. Med Anthropol 10: 247–253. , .
- 2008. Growth hormone treatment of adults with Prader-Willi syndrome and growth hormone deficiency improves lean body mass, fractional body fat, and serum triiodothyronine without glucose impairment: Results from the United States multicenter trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93: 1238–1245. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Sustained benefit after 2 years of growth hormone on body composition, fat utilization, physical strength and agility, and growth in Prader-Willi syndrome. J Pediatr 137: 42–49. , , , .
- 2002. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2000 Growth Charts for the United States: Improvements to the 1977 National Center for Health Statistics Version. Pediatrics 109: 45–60. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Growth hormone treatment of patients with Prader-Willi syndrome. Swedish Growth Hormone Advisory Group. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 12: 345–349. , , , , , .
- 2010. Specialized pediatric growth charts for electronic health record systems: The example of Down syndrome. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2010: 687–691. , , , , , .
- 2006. Implementing pediatric growth charts into an electronic health record system. J Am Med Inform Assoc 13: 302–308. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. One year of growth hormone treatment in adults with Prader-Willi syndrome improves body composition: Results from a randomized, placebo-controlled study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95: 4943–4950. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Growth hormone treatment for two years is safe and effective in adults with Prader-Willi syndrome. Growth Horm IGF Res 21: 185–190. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Special requirements of electronic health record systems in pediatrics. Pediatrics 119: 631–637. .