How to cite this article: Tüysüz B, Göknar NT, Öztürk B. 2012. Growth charts of Turkish children with Down syndrome. Am J Med Genet Part A 158A: 2656–2664.
Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Special Issue: SPECIAL ISSUE: GROWTH CHARTS IN GENETIC SYNDROMES
Volume 158A, Issue 11, pages 2656–2664, November 2012
How to Cite
Tüysüz, B., Göknar, N. T. and Öztürk, B. (2012), Growth charts of Turkish children with Down syndrome. Am. J. Med. Genet., 158A: 2656–2664. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.35710
Beyhan Tüysüz and Nilüfer Topal Göknar contributed equally to this work.
- Issue online: 17 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 NOV 2011
- 2003. Growth charts for children with Down's syndrome in Saudi Arabia: Birth to 5 years. Int J Clin Pract 57: 170–174. .
- 1986. Growth and somatomedin responses to growth hormone in Down's syndrome. Arch Dis Child 61: 48–52. , , , .
- 1990. Growth retardation in Down syndrome in relation to insuline-like growth factors and growth hormone. Am J Med Genet Suppl 7: 59–62. , , , .
- 1999. Growth hormone treatment in young children with Down's syndrome: Effects on growth and psychomotor development. Arch Dis Child 80: 334–338. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Analysis of puberty and pubertal growth in healthy boys. Eur J Pediatr 166: 595–600. , , , , , .
- 2008. Puberty and pubertal growth in healthy Turkish girls: No evidence for seculiar trend. J Clin Res Ped Endo 1: 8–14. , , , , , .
- 1996. Hypothalamic versus pituitary dysfunction in Down's syndrome as cause of growth retardation. J Intellect Disabil Res 40: 509–517. , , , , , .
- 1992. Smoothing reference centile curves: The LMS method and penalized likelihood. Stat Med 11: 1305–1319. , .
- 1988. Growth charts for children with Down syndrome: 1 month to 18 years. Pediatrics 81: 102–110. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Characterisation of the somatic evaluation of Portuguese children with Trisomy 21 preliminary results. Downs Syndr Res Pract 6: 134–138. , , , , , .
- 2004. Growth charts of Egyptian children with Down syndrome (0–36 months). East Mediterr Health J 10: 106–115. , , , , .
- 2002. Growth charts for Down's syndrome from birth to 18 years of age. Arch Dis Child 87: 97–103. , , .
- 2010. Late effects of early growth hormone treatment in Down syndrome. Acta Pediatr 99: 763–769. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Growth references for Turkish children aged 6 to 18 years. Acta Pediatr 95: 1635–1641. , , , , , .
- 2008. Türk Çocuklarının vücut ağırlığı, boy uzunluğu ve vücut kitle indeksi referans değerleri. Çocuk Sağlığı ve Hastalıkları Dergisi 51: 1–14. , , , , .
- 1997. Adult head circumferences and centiles. J Turgut Özal Med Cent 4: 261–264. , , , .
- 1992. Head circumference of children with Down syndrome (0–36 mo). Am J Med Genet 42: 61–67. , , , , , , .
- 1990. Growth charts of Down's syndrome in Sicily: Evaluation of 382 children 0–14 years of age. Am J Med Genet Suppl 7: 66–70. , , , , , , , , .
- 1974. Observations from longitudinal data on growth in stature and sitting height of children with Down syndrome. J Ment Defic Res 18: 63–78. , .
- 1965. The stature of mongols. J Ment Defic 9: 131–145. .
- 2010. Pediatric growth charts for electronic health record system: The example of Down syndrome. AMIA Symp Proc 2010: 687–691. , , , , , .
- 2002. New cross sectional stature, weight and head circumference references of Down's syndrome in the UK and republic of Ireland. Arch Dis Child 87: 104–108. , , , .
- 2012. Healthy growth in children with Down syndrome. PLoS ONE 7: e31079. , , , , , .