Conflict of interest: Dr. Hoover-Fong is a paid consultant to BioMarin. This arrangement has been reviewed and approved by the Johns Hopkins University in accordance with its conflict of interest policies.
Body mass index (BMI): The case for condition-specific cut-offs for overweight and obesity in skeletal dysplasias
Version of Record online: 24 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 161, Issue 8, pages 2110–2112, August 2013
How to Cite
2013. Body mass index (BMI): The case for condition-specific cut-offs for overweight and obesity in skeletal dysplasias. Am J Med Genet Part A. 161A:2110–2112., , , .
- Issue online: 24 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 AUG 2012
- Centers for Disease Control. 2000. CDC Clinical Growth Charts. Last accessed September 28, 2011. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/
- 2005. Body mass index may overestimate the prevalence of overweight and obesity among the Inuit. Int J Circumpolar Health 64:163–169. , , , .
- 2009. The validity of BMI as an indicator of body fatness and risk among children. Pediatrics 124:S23–S34. , .
- 2008. Age-appropriate body mass index in children with achondroplasia: Interpretation in relation to indexes of height. Am J Clin Nutr 88:364–371. , , , , .
- 1972. Indices of relative weight and obesity. J Chronic Dis 25:329–343. , , , , .
- 1994. Relative sitting height and the interpretation of the body mass index A. Ann Hum Biol 21:79–82. .
- 1994. B Interpretation of low body mass indices: Australian aborigines. Am J Phys Anthropol 94:229–237. .
- National Task Force on the Prevention and Treatment of Obesity. 2000. Overweight obesity, and health risk. Arch Intern Med 160:898–904.
- 2011. Nosology and classification of genetic skeletal disorders: 2010 revision. Am J Med Genet Part A 155A:943–968. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- World Health Organization. 2006. Last accessed September 28, 2011. Available at: http://apps.who.int/bmi/