The authors declared that they have no conflicts of interest.
Orthopedic manifestations and implications for individuals with Costello syndrome†
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 161, Issue 8, pages 1940–1949, August 2013
How to Cite
2013. Orthopedic manifestations and implications for individuals with Costello syndrome. Am J Med Genet Part A. 161A:1940–1949., , , , .
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 DEC 2012
- 2005. Germline mutations in HRAS proto-oncogene cause Costello syndrome. Nat Genet 37:1038–1040. , , , , , , , , , , .
- Further delineation of cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome: Clinical features of 38 individuals with proven mutations. J Med Genet 2008. 45:249–254. , .
- 2012a. Costello syndrome: A Ras/mitogen activated protein kinase pathway syndrome (rasopathy) resulting from HRAS germline mutations. Genet Med 14:285–292. , .
- Costello syndrome in: GeneReviews at GeneTests: Medical Genetics Information Resource [database online]. Copyright, University of Washington, Seattle. 2006–2012. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1507. Accessed March 15, 2012. , . (updated Jan. 2012b).
- 1976. Acetabular growth potential in congenital dislocation of the hip and some factors upon which it may depend. Clin Orthop Relat Res 119:99–106. .
- 2009. Living with Costello syndrome: Quality of life issues in older individuals. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A:84–90. , , , , , , , .
- 1980. The stability of the hip in children. A radiological study of the results of muscle surgery in cerebral palsy. Acta Orthop Scand Suppl 184:1–100. .
- Orthopaedic conditions in Ras/MAPK related disorders. J Pediatr Orthop 2011. 31(5):599–605. , , .
- 1997. Surveillance measures of the hips of children with bilateral cerebral palsy. Arch Dis Childhood 76:381–384. , .
- 2008. Anesthetic considerations in the child with Costello syndrome: Risk of cardiac arrest upon induction of anesthesia. Pediatr Anesth 18:567–568. , , , .
- 2011. The musculoskeletal phenotype of the RASopathies. Am J Med Genet Part C 157C:90–103. , .
- 2011. Skeletal muscle pathology in Costello and Cardio-Facio Cutaneous syndromes: Developmental consequences of germline Ras/MAPK activation on myogenesis. Am J Med Genet Part C 157C:104–114. , , .
- 2007. Myopathy caused by HRAS germline mutations: Implications for disturbed myogenic differentiation in the presence of constitutive HRAS activation. J Med Genet 44:459–462. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The adult phenotype in Costello syndrome. Am J Med Genet A 136A:128–135. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Costello syndrome: Orthopaedic manifestations and functional health. J Pediatr Orthop 23:9. , , .