The authors have reported no conflicts of interest.
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics
Volume 147B, Issue 1, pages 33–36, 5 January 2008
How to Cite
Oswell, G., Kaunisto, M.A., Kallela, M., Hämäläinen, E., Anttila, V., Kaprio, J., Färkkilä, M., Wessman, M. and Palotie, A. (2008), No association of migraine to the GABA-A receptor complex on chromosome 15. Am. J. Med. Genet., 147B: 33–36. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.b.30566
Please cite this article as follows: Oswell G, Kaunisto MA, Kallela M, Hämäläinen E, Anttila V, Kaprio J, Färkkilä M, Wessman M, Palotie A. 2007. No Association of Migraine to the GABA-A Receptor Complex on Chromosome 15. Am J Med Genet Part B 147B:33–36.
- Issue published online: 14 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 APR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 14 AUG 2006
- Sigrid Juselius Foundation
- Academy of Finland. Grant Numbers: 200923, 00213
- Helsinki University Central Hospital
- EuroHead. Grant Number: LSHM-CT-2004-504837
- GenomEUtwin Project. Grant Number: QLG2-CT-2002-01254
- Oxnard Foundation
- Helsinki Biomedical Graduate School
- Nordic Center of Excellence for Disease Genetics
- Center of Excellence for Complex Disease Genetics of the Academy of Finland
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: RO1 NS37675
- gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA)-A;
- association study;
- single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP)
To date, no gene variants predisposing to common forms of migraine have been convincingly identified. Recently, significant linkage to a cluster of gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA)-A receptors on Chr 15q11–q13 was reported. We performed an extensive association study using 898 MA cases and 900 matched controls by covering the same gene cluster with 34 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs). No association to MA was detected, suggesting that common variants of the GABA cluster are unlikely to be major contributors of MA susceptibility. © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.