Please cite this article as follows: Polanczyk G, Faraone SV, Bau CHD, Victor MM, Becker K, Pelz R, Buitelaar JK, Franke B, Kooij S, van der Meulen E, Cheon K-A, Mick E, Purper-Ouakil D, Gorwood P, Stein MA, Cook EH, Rohde LA. 2008. The Impact of Individual and Methodological Factors in the Variability of Response to Methylphenidate in ADHD Pharmacogenetic Studies from Four Different Continents. Am J Med Genet Part B 147B:1419–1424.
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics
Special Issue: Special Issue on the Genetics of ADHD Dedicated to the Memory of Richard Todd
Volume 147B, Issue 8, pages 1419–1424, 5 December 2008
How to Cite
Polanczyk, G., Faraone, S. V., Bau, C. H.D., Victor, M. M., Becker, K., Pelz, R., Buitelaar, J. K., Franke, B., Kooij, S., van der Meulen, E., Cheon, K.-A., Mick, E., Purper-Ouakil, D., Gorwood, P., Stein, M. A., Cook, E. H. and Rohde, L. A. (2008), The impact of individual and methodological factors in the variability of response to methylphenidate in ADHD pharmacogenetic studies from four different continents. Am. J. Med. Genet., 147B: 1419–1424. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.b.30855
Conflict of interests: Dr. Bau, Dr. Victor, Dr. Pelz, Dr. Franke, Dr. van der Meulen, and Dr. Cook Jr. do not have any potential conflict of interest. Dr. Polanczyk has been a speaker for Novartis. Dr. Faraone receives research support from, is on the speakers' bureaus of, and has had an advisory or consulting relationship with McNeil Pediatrics and Shire Laboratories; he also has had an advisory or consulting relationship with Novartis and Eli Lilly. Dr. Becker served in a consultancy role either personally or for ones employee from Eli Lilly, was on the speakers' bureaus of Eli Lilly and Astra Zeneca and received conference attendance support from Shire. Dr. Buitelaar is/has been a speaker for, or is/has been on the advisory board for Eli Lilly & Company, Shire US Inc, UCB, Medice, Janssen Cilag B.V, and Pfizer. Dr. Kooij is a speaker of and is on the advisory board for Janssen-Cilag B.V., and Eli Lilly & Company. Dr. Cheon received research support from Janssen Korea, and is on the speakers' bureaus of Janssen Korea and Eli Lilly; she also has had an advisory or consulting relationship with Eli Lilly Korea. Dr. Mick receives research support from Shire Laboratories, Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., McNeil Pediatrics, and Pfizer, and is on the consultant/advisory board for Shire Laboratories Inc., and Pfizer. Dr. Purper-Ouakil has been in the advisory board of Eli Lilly, is/has been involved in research/clinical trials with Eli Lilly, Pierre Fabre, Novartis, Servier, and received research support from Eli Lilly. Dr. Gorwood is in the advisory board of Janssen, Servier and Wyeth, has been involved in research/clinical trials with Eli Lilly, Lundbeck, Servier, and received research support from Eli Lilly and Wyeth. Dr. Stein is a consultant for Novartis and serves on their speaker's bureau. He also speaks for McNeil Pediatrics and receives research support from McNeil Pediatrics, Eli-Lilly, Novartis and Pfizer. Dr. Rohde was on the speakers' bureau and/or acted as consultant for Eli-Lilly, Janssen-Cilag, and Novartis in the last 3 years. Currently, his only industry related activity is take part of the advisory board for Eli Lilly & Company. The ADHD Outpatient Program receives research support from the following pharmaceutical companies: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli-Lilly, Janssen-Cilag, and Novartis.
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAR 2008
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq, Brazil) MCT/CNPq 02/2006, Universal. Grant Number: 478202/2006-7
- FIPE, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre
- NIMH. Grant Number: R13MH59126
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!