Alterations of brain anatomy in mouse model of MDD created by replacement of homologous mouse DNA sequence with an illness-associated 6-base human CREB1 promoter sequence
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics
Volume 165, Issue 1, pages 1–8, January 2014
How to Cite
2013. Alterations of Brain Anatomy in Mouse Model of MDD Created by Replacement of Homologous Mouse DNA Sequence With an Illness-Associated 6-Base Human CREB1 Promoter Sequence. Am J Med Genet Part B 165B:1–8., , , .
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2013
- The McLean Hospital Corporation
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: P41EB001977
- 2007. Mapping of deletion and translocation breakpoints in 1q44 implicates the serine/threonine kinase ATK3 in postnatal microcephaly and agenesis of the corpus callosum. Am J Hum Genet 81:292–303. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Cross Disorders Group of the Psychiatric Genomics Consortium. 2013. Identification of risk loci with shared effects on five major psychiatric disorders: A genome-wide analysis. Lancet 381:1371–1379.
- 1995. Anatomic and behavioral aspects of frontal-subcortical circuits. Ann NY Acad Sci 769:1–13. .
- 2008. Allen reference atlas: A digital color brain atlas of the C57BL/6J male mouse. Hoboken: John Wiley and Sons. 376p. .
- 2000. Neuroimaging studies of mood disorders. Biol Psychiatry 48:813–829. .
- 2008. Brain structural and functional abnormalities in mood disorders: Implications for neurocircuitry models of depression. Brain Struct Funct 213:93–118. , , .
- 1998. CREB is a regulatory target for the protein kinase Akt/PKB. J Biol Chem 273(49):32377–32379. , .
- 2003. The economic burden of depression in the United States: How did it change between 1990 and 2000? J Clin Psychiatry 64:1465–1475. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Corpus callosum volume in children with autism. Psychiatry Res 174(1):57–61. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Prevalence, severity, and comorbidity of 12-month DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry 62(6):617–627. , , , , .
- 2012. A p.D116G mutation in CREB1 leads to novel multiple malformation syndrome resembling CrebA knockout mouse. Hum Mutat 33:651–654. , , , , , .
- 2004. Sex-specific, postpuberty changes in mouse brain structures revealed by three-dimensional magnetic microscopy. NeuroImage 22:1636–1645. , , .
- 2005. Postpubertal sex differentiation of forebrain structures and functions depend on transforming growth factor-alpha. J Neurosci 25(15):3870–3880. , , .
- 2007. Genome-wide atlas of gene expression in the adult mouse brain. Nature 445:168–176. , , , , , , et al.
- 2006. Measuring the global burden of disease and risk factors, 1990–2001. In: Lopez AD, Mathers CD, Ezzati M, Jamison DT, Murray CL, editors. Global burden of disease and risk factors. New York: The World Bank and Oxford University Press. pp 1–13. , , , , .
- 1997. An MRI study of the corpus callosum in autism. Am J Psychiatry 154:1051–1056. , , , .
- 2013. Genome-wide association analysis of copy number variation in recurrent depressive disorder. Mol Psychiatry 18:183–189. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Bipolar and major depressive disorder: Neuroimaging the developmental-degenerative divide. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 33:699–771. , .
- 2004. Major depressive disorder in Alzheimer's disease. In: Roose S, Sackheim H, editors. Late life depression. New York: Oxford University Press. pp 361–369. .
- 2010. Effects of the A(-115)G variant on CREB1 promoter activity in two brain cell lines: Interactions with gonadal steroids. Am J Med Genet Part B 153B:1365–1372. ,
- 2011. Replacement of homologous mouse DNA sequence with pathogenic 6-base human CREB1 promoter sequence creates murine model of major depressive disorder. Am J Med Genet Part B 156B:517–531. ,
- 2012. No evidence of non-homologous insertions in mouse model of MDD created by replacement of homologous mouse DNA sequence with pathogenic 6-base human CREB1 promoter sequence. Am J Med Genet Part B 159B(1):1–4. ,
- 2001. The malignancy of recurrent, early-onset major depression: A family study. Am J Med Genet Part B 105B(8):690–699. , , , , .