Fiorella Gurrieri is associate professor of Medical Genetics at the Catholic University of Rome, School of Medicine. She is involved in clinical and molecular genetics. Her research is focused on the genetic aspects of autism and specifically she has investigated quantitative and qualitative genomic alterations and their phenotypic consequences. A second research field includes the application of new genomic technologies to identify the causes of congenital defects.
Working up autism: The practical role of medical genetics†
Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part C: Seminars in Medical Genetics
Special Issue: Autism and Intellectual Disability: Two Sides of the Same Coin
Volume 160C, Issue 2, pages 104–110, 15 May 2012
How to Cite
Gurrieri, F. (2012), Working up autism: The practical role of medical genetics. Am. J. Med. Genet., 160C: 104–110. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.c.31326
How to cite this article: Gurrieri F. 2012. Working up autism: The practical role of medical genetics. Am J Med Genet Part C Semin Med Genet 160C:104–110.
- Issue online: 19 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 APR 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Autism genetic testing information needs among parents of affected children: A qualitative study, Patient Education and Counseling, 2016, 99, 6, 1011, , , , , , ,
- 2Autism Spectrum Disorder Updates – Relevant Information for Early Interventionists to Consider, Frontiers in Public Health, 2016, 4,, , ,
- 3Chromosomal Microarray Analysis of Consecutive Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders Using an Ultra-High Resolution Chromosomal Microarray Optimized for Neurodevelopmental Disorders, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2016, 17, 12, 2070, , , , , , , , ,
- 4Clinical Performance of an Ultrahigh Resolution Chromosomal Microarray Optimized for Neurodevelopmental Disorders, BioMed Research International, 2016, 2016, 1, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 6The Role of mGluR Copy Number Variation in Genetic and Environmental Forms of Syndromic Autism Spectrum Disorder, Scientific Reports, 2016, 6, 19372, , , , , , , , ,
- 8Integrated analysis of whole-exome sequencing and transcriptome profiling in males with autism spectrum disorders, Molecular Autism, 2015, 6, 1, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 10Copy number variation and autism: New insights and clinical implications, Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, 2014, 113, 7, 400, , ,
- You have free access to this content11
- 12Autism genetic testing: a qualitative study of awareness, attitudes, and experiences among parents of children with autism spectrum disorders, Genetics in Medicine, 2013, 15, 4, 274, , , ,
- 13Mass spectrometry as a tool for studying autism spectrum disorder, Journal of Molecular Psychiatry, 2013, 1, 1, 6, , , , , , , ,