Peter H. O'Donnell, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and principal investigator of The 1,200 Patients Project at The University of Chicago. He is also Associate Director for Clinical Implementation in The University of Chicago Center for Personalized Therapeutics.
Adoption of a clinical pharmacogenomics implementation program during outpatient care–initial results of the University of Chicago “1,200 Patients Project”
Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part C: Seminars in Medical Genetics
Special Issue: Implementation of Genomic Medicine
Volume 166, Issue 1, pages 68–75, March 2014
How to Cite
2014. Adoption of a clinical pharmacogenomics implementation program during outpatient care–initial results of the University of Chicago “1,200 Patients Project”. Am J Med Genet Part C Semin Med Genet 166C:68–75., , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
Conflict of interest disclosure: M.J.R. is a coinventor holding patents related to pharmacogenetic diagnostics and receives royalties related to UGT1A1 genotyping. No royalties are received from the genotyping performed in this study.
* Correspondence to: Peter H. O'Donnell, M.D., 5841 S. Maryland Avenue, MC 2115, Chicago, IL 60637. E-mail: email@example.com
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2014
- NIH. Grant Numbers: K23, GM100288-01A1, K12, CA139160
- Bucksbaum Institute Associate Faculty Scholar Pilot
- The Conquer Cancer Foundation of the American Society for Clinical Oncology
- The William F. O'Connor Foundation
- 2011. Pharmacogenomics: “Noninferiority” is sufficient for initial implementation. Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:348-350. .
- 2011. Pharmacogenomics: Will the promise be fulfilled? Nat Rev Genet 12:69-73. , , , , .
- 2011. Personalized medicine: Progress and promise. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 12:217-244. , .
- 2007. Adverse drug reactions in hospitals: A narrative review. Curr Drug Saf 2:79-87. , , , .
- 2010. How and why to screen for CYP2D6 interindividual variability in patients under pharmacological treatments. Curr Drug Metab 11:276-282. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Drug-related morbidity and mortality: Updating the cost-of-illness model. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) 41:192-199. , .
- 2009. Analysis of medications returned to community pharmacies. Ann Pharmacother 43:1631-1635. , , .
- 2005. An analysis of returned medicines in primary care. Pharm World Sci 27:296-299. , , , .
- 2007. The genomics and personalized medicine act of 2006. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 5:39-40. .
- 2012. The 1200 patients project: Creating a new medical model system for clinical implementation of pharmacogenomics. Clin Pharmacol Ther 92:446-449. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Personalized medicine: Building the GPS to take us there. Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:321-322. .
- 2011. CPIC: Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium of the Pharmacogenomics Research Network. Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:464-467. , .
- 2010. Clinical implementation of pharmacogenomics: Overcoming genetic exceptionalism. Lancet Oncol 11:507-509. , , , .
- 2001. Clinical application of pharmacogenetics. Trends Mol Med 7:201-204. , , .
- 2005. PharmGKB: The pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics knowledge base. Methods Mol Biol 311:179-191. , , .