Nonlinear acoustics in pant hoots of common chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes): Frequency jumps, subharmonics, biphonation, and deterministic chaos
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2004
© 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Primatology
Volume 64, Issue 3, pages 277–291, November 2004
How to Cite
Riede, T., Owren, M. J. and Arcadi, A. C. (2004), Nonlinear acoustics in pant hoots of common chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes): Frequency jumps, subharmonics, biphonation, and deterministic chaos. Am. J. Primatol., 64: 277–291. doi: 10.1002/ajp.20078
- Issue published online: 10 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUL 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 12 JUN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2003
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: BNS-8704458
- National Geographic Society. Grant Number: 3603-87
- Leakey Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- Rackham Fellowship Program. Grant Numbers: 114650, 114465
- National Geographic Society. Grant Number: 5626-96
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!