Conflict of interest: We declare that the authors have no competing interests.
Rapid cloning and comparative sequence analysis of full-length cDNA of Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) resistin
Article first published online: 5 SEP 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Primatology
Volume 76, Issue 1, pages 65–71, January 2014
How to Cite
Lu, S.-Y., He, Z.-L., Sun, T.-T., Li, H.-J. and Chen, P.-F. (2014), Rapid cloning and comparative sequence analysis of full-length cDNA of Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) resistin. Am. J. Primatol., 76: 65–71. doi: 10.1002/ajp.22194
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 5 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 27 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 APR 2013
- Applied and Basic Research Projects of Yunnan Province. Grant Number: 2009ZC185M
- Peking Union Medical College Youth Fund. Grant Number: 2012D14
- 2004. Regulation of fasted blood glucose by resistin. Science 303:1195–1198. , , , et al.
- 2009. Role of resistin in insulin sensitivity in rodents and humans. Curr Protein Pept Sci 10:96–107. ,
- 2011. Systemic resistin is increased in type 2 diabetic patients treated with loop diuretics. J Diabetes Complications 25:377–381. , , , et al.
- 1990. Reactive site polymorphism in the murine protease inhibitor gene family is delineated using a modification of the PCR reaction (PCR+1). Nucleic Acids Res 18:5481–5487. ,
- 2011. Resistin and insulin/insulin-like growth factor signaling in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 63:2894–2904. , , , et al.
- 1996. Full-length cDNA cloning and determination of mRNA 5′- and 3′-ends by amplification of adaptor-ligated cDNA. Biotechniques 21:526–534. , , , et al.
- 2004. Variation in the resistin gene is associated with obesity and insulin-related phenotypes in Finnish subjects. Diabetologia 47:1782–1788. , , , et al.
- 2006. Macrophages in human visceral adipose tissue: increased accumulation in obesity and a source of resistin and visfatin. Diabetologia 49:744–747. , , , et al.
- 2003. Serum resistin (FIZZ3) protein is increased in obese humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5452–5455. , , , et al.
- 2002. Removal of visceral fat prevents insulin resistance and glucose intolerance of aging: an adipokine-mediated process? Diabetes 51:2951–2958. , , , et al.
- 2003. The genomic organization of mouse resistin reveals major differences from the human resistin: functional implications. Gene 305:27–34. , , , ,
- 2000. FIZZ1, a novel cysteine-rich secreted protein associated with pulmonary inflammation, defines a new gene family. EMBO J 19:4046–4055. , , , et al.
- 2012. Resistin: functional roles and therapeutic considerations for cardiovascular disease. Br J Pharmacol 165:622–632. , , ,
- 2006. Resistin is secreted from macrophages in atheromas and promotes atherosclerosis. Cardiovasc Res 69:76–85. , , , et al.
- 2001. A cysteine-rich adipose tissue-specific secretory factor inhibits adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem 276:11252–11256. , , ,
- 2007. Resistin- and obesity-associated metabolic diseases. Horm Metab Res 39:710–716.
- 2003. Circulating resistin levels are not associated with obesity or insulin resistance in humans and are not regulated by fasting or leptin administration: cross-sectional and interventional studies in normal, insulin-resistant, and diabetic subjects. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4848–4856. , , , et al.
- 2002. Lipid metabolism and resistin gene expression in insulin-resistant Fischer 344 rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E626–E633. , , ,
- 2012. Association of the resistin gene promoter region polymorphism with Kawasaki disease in Chinese children. Mediators Inflamm 212: doi: 10.1155/2012/356362 , , , ,
- 2002. Resistin, central obesity, and type 2 diabetes. Lancet 359:46–47. , , , et al.
- 2003. Resistin is expressed in pancreatic islets. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:641–645. , , , et al.
- 2001. Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes are not related to resistin expression in human fat cells or skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:561–564. ,
- 2013. Plasma resistin is associated with single nucleotide polymorphisms of a possible resistin receptor, the decorin gene, in the general Japanese population. Diabetes 62:649–652. , , , et al.
- 2002. Systematic search for single nucleotide polymorphisms in the resistin gene: the absence of evidence for the association of three identified single nucleotide polymorphisms with Japanese type 2 diabetes. Diabetes 51:863–866. , , , et al.
- 2009. PPARgamma Pro12Ala Pro/Pro and resistin SNP-420 G/G genotypes are synergistically associated with plasma resistin in the Japanese general population. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 71:341–345. , , , et al.
- 2011. Inflammatory induction of human resistin causes insulin resistance in endotoxemic mice. Diabetes 60:775–783. , , , ,
- 2003. Resistin is expressed in human macrophages and directly regulated by PPAR gamma activators. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 300:472–476. , , , et al.
- 2012. The role of resistin in Behçet's disease: a Turkish experiment. Mod Rheumatol 22:571–575. , , , et al.
- 2003. Evaluation of human resistin assays with serum from patients with type 2 diabetes and different degrees of insulin resistance. Clin Lab 49:571–576. , , , ,
- 2009. Macrophage-derived human resistin exacerbates adipose tissue inflammation and insulin resistance in mice. J Clin Invest 119:531–539. , , , ,
- Rhesus Macaque Genome Sequencing and Analysis Consortium. 2007. Evolutionary and biomedical insights from the rhesus macaque genome. Science 316:222–234.
- 1992. The principles of humane experimental technique: special edition (reprint). London: Methuen & Co. ,
- 2012. Mouse resistin modulates adipogenesis and glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes through the ROR1 receptor. Mol Endocrinol 26:110–127. , ,
- 2001. Resistin/Fizz3 expression in relation to obesity and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma action in humans. Diabetes 50:2199–2202. , , , et al.
- 2011. Human resistin: found in translation from mouse to man. Trends Endocrinol Metab 22:259–265. ,
- 2002. Human resistin gene, obesity, and type 2 diabetes: mutation analysis and population study. Diabetes 51:860–862. , , , et al.
- 2001. The hormone resistin links obesity to diabetes. Nature 6818:307–312. , , , et al.
- 2010. Resistin competes with lipopolysaccharide for binding to toll-like receptor 4. J Cell Mol Med 14:1419–1431. , , ,
- 2009. Adipocyte-specific expression of murine resistin is mediated by synergism between peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and CCAAT/enhancer-binding proteins. J Biol Chem 284:6116–6125. , , , ,
- 2010. Effect of peripheral kisspeptin administration on adiponectin, leptin, and resistin secretion under fed and fasting conditions in the adult male Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta). Horm Metab Res 42:570–574. , , , ,
- 2003. Comparative studies of resistin expression and phylogenomics in human and mouse. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:927–935. , , , et al.
- 2003. Resistin is expressed in the human placenta. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1394–1397. , , , et al.
- 2012. Resistin reduces mitochondria and induces hepatic steatosis in mice by the protein kinase C/protein kinase G/p65/PPAR gamma coactivator 1 alpha pathway. Hepatology 57:1384–1393. , , , et al.