This article is dedicated to the memory of two close friends and colleagues, Charlie Lockwood (1970-2008) and Elizabeth Harmon (1965-2009), who contributed indelibly to the recent history of field and analytical research on Australopithecus afarensis reviewed here.
“Lucy” redux: A review of research on Australopithecus afarensis†
Article first published online: 3 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Supplement: Yearbook of Physical Anthropology
Volume 140, Issue Supplement 49, pages 2–48, 2009
How to Cite
Kimbel, W. H. and Delezene, L. K. (2009), “Lucy” redux: A review of research on Australopithecus afarensis. Am. J. Phys. Anthropol., 140: 2–48. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.21183
- Issue published online: 3 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 3 NOV 2009
- The National Science Foundation
- National Geographic Society
- Institute of Human Origins at Arizona State University (Hadar project)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!