Kristin N. Harper and Molly K. Zuckerman contributed equally to this work.
The origin and antiquity of syphilis revisited: An Appraisal of Old World pre-Columbian evidence for treponemal infection
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Supplement: Yearbook of Physical Anthropology
Volume 146, Issue Supplement 53, pages 99–133, 2011
How to Cite
Harper, K. N., Zuckerman, M. K., Harper, M. L., Kingston, J. D. and Armelagos, G. J. (2011), The origin and antiquity of syphilis revisited: An Appraisal of Old World pre-Columbian evidence for treponemal infection. Am. J. Phys. Anthropol., 146: 99–133. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.21613
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2011
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health and Society Scholars Program
- the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- the National Science Foundation
- the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council
- the UK National Environment Research Council
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!