I am grateful to the Biological Anthropology Section of the American Anthropological Association for the opportunity to present these ideas as the Distinguished Lecture for 2011. Some portions of this paper overlap material already published (Marks, 2010, 2012). I thank reviewers and colleagues for their comments, Dr. George Whitney for archival materials on eugenics, and the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science for their support.
Why be against darwin? Creationism, racism, and the roots of anthropology†
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Supplement: Yearbook of Physical Anthropology
Volume 149, Issue Supplement 55, pages 95–104, 2012
How to Cite
Marks, J. (2012), Why be against darwin? Creationism, racism, and the roots of anthropology. Am. J. Phys. Anthropol., 149: 95–104. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.22163
- Issue published online: 12 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!