Potential conflict of interest: M.S. is a speaker for TEVA and MEDA on their Speakers Bureau.
Epistaxis: the factors involved in determining medicolegal liability
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2013
© 2013 ARS-AAOA, LLC
International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology
Volume 4, Issue 1, pages 76–81, January 2014
How to Cite
How to Cite this Article: Epistaxis: the factors involved in determining medicolegal liability. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2014;4:76-81., , , , , .
Presented at the 59th Annual Meeting of the ARS, September 28, 2013, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 2 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 MAY 2013
- 3Physician accountability in iatrogenic cerebrospinal fluid leak litigation. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2013;3:722–725., , , et al.
- 9Determining legal responsibility in otolaryngology: a review of 44 trials since 2008. Am J Otolaryngol. (in press) [Epub 2013 Jan 15. DOI: 10.1016/j.amjoto.2012.12.005], , , et al.
- 12Image-guidance in endoscopic sinus surgery: is it associated with decreased medicolegal liability? Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2013 Aug 26; Epub ahead of print; DOI: 10.1002/alr.21210, , , , , .
- 15Meningitis and legal liability: an otolaryngology perspective. Am J Otolarygol. 2013 Sep 25; Epub ahead of print; DOI: 10.1016/j.amjoto.2013.07.001, , , et al.
- 20Medical malpractice litigation raises health-care cost, reduces access, and lowers quality of care. J Med Pract Manage. 2004;20:44–51.
- 24Incidence and costs of defensive medicine among orthopedic surgeons in the United States: a national survey study. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2012;41:69–73., , , , .
- 26Comparison of Plaintiff and Defendant Expert Witness Qualification in Malpractice Litigation in Neurological Surgery. 2013 Sep 27; Epub ahead of print; DOI: 10.3171/2013.8.JNS13584, , , , .
- 28In the eyes of the law: malpractice litigation in oculoplastic surgery. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. (in press)., , , et al.
- 30A look inside the courtroom: an analysis of 292 cosmetic breast surgery medical malpractice cases. Aesthet Surg J. (in press)., , , , .
- 31The standard of care: legal history and definitions: the bad and good news. West J Emerg Med. 2011;12:109–112., .
- 32Endoscopic resection of juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma. Adv Otorhinolaryngol. 2012;73:132–136., , .