Potential conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Anti–N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) encephalitis in children and adolescents†
Article first published online: 28 MAY 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Neurological Association
Annals of Neurology
Volume 66, Issue 1, pages 11–18, July 2009
How to Cite
Florance, N. R., Davis, R. L., Lam, C., Szperka, C., Zhou, L., Ahmad, S., Campen, C. J., Moss, H., Peter, N., Gleichman, A. J., Glaser, C. A., Lynch, D. R., Rosenfeld, M. R. and Dalmau, J. (2009), Anti–N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) encephalitis in children and adolescents. Ann Neurol., 66: 11–18. doi: 10.1002/ana.21756
- Issue published online: 10 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 28 MAY 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 MAY 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 10 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Received: 25 FEB 2009
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institute of Health. Grant Numbers: 2RO1CA89054, RO1CA107192, NSR56-45986, NSR01-45986
- Foederer Foundation of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). Grant Number: F31MH083395
- 1Paraneoplastic anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis associated with ovarian teratoma. Ann Neurol 2007; 61: 25–36., , , et al.
- 2Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis in Japan: long-term outcome without tumor removal. Neurology 2008; 70: 504–511., , , et al.
- 3Neurological response to early removal of ovarian teratoma in anti-NMDAR encephalitis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2008; 79: 324–326., , , et al.
- 4A patient with encephalitis associated with NMDA receptor antibodies. Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2007; 3: 291–296., , , et al.
- 5Clinical analysis of paraneoplastic encephalitis associated with ovarian teratoma. J Neurooncol 2007; 84: 287–292., , , et al.
- 6Response of anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis without tumor to immunotherapy including rituximab. Neurology 2008; 71: 1921–1923., , , et al.
- 7Paraneoplastic encephalitis, psychiatric symptoms, and hypoventilation in ovarian teratoma. Ann Neurol 2005; 58: 594–604., , , et al.
- 8Reversible limbic encephalitis with antibodies against the membranes of neurones of the hippocampus. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2007; 78: 324–325., , , .
- 9Anti-NMDA-receptor encephalitis: case series and analysis of the effects of antibodies. Lancet Neurol 2008; 7: 1091–1098., , , et al.
- 10The distinctive movement disorder of ovarian teratoma-associated encephalitis. Mov Disord 2008; 23: 1256–1261., , , et al.
- 11Encephalitis. Pediatr Rev 2005; 26: 353–363., .
- 12Beyond viruses: clinical profiles and etiologies associated with encephalitis. Clin Infect Dis 2006; 43: 1565–1577., , , et al.
- 13The epidemiology of myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome and their associated tumours in the northern part of the province of South Holland. J Neurol 2003; 250: 698–701., , , et al.
- 14Differences in clinical features between the Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome with and without cancer: an analysis of 227 published cases. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2002; 104: 359–363., , , .
- 15Recommended diagnostic criteria for paraneoplastic neurological syndromes. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2004; 75: 1135–1140., , , et al.
- 16Testicular teratoma and anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-associated encephalitis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2008; 79: 1082–1083., , , et al.