The views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Department of Defense or any of the institutions with which the authors are affiliated.
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Neurological Association
Annals of Neurology
Volume 72, Issue 5, pages 673–681, November 2012
How to Cite
Xydakis, M. S., Ling, G. S. F., Mulligan, L. P., Olsen, C. H. and Dorlac, W. C. (2012), Epidemiologic aspects of traumatic brain injury in acute combat casualties at a major military medical center: A cohort study. Ann Neurol., 72: 673–681. doi: 10.1002/ana.23757
This protocol was approved by the Department of Clinical Investigations and was conducted in compliance with all applicable federal regulations governing the protection of human subjects in research.
Injury Severity Scores were provided under a memorandum of understanding between Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences and the US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
- Issue published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 12 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAY 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Blast-related mild traumatic brain injury in the acute phase: Acute stress reactions partially mediate the relationship between loss of consciousness and symptoms, Brain Injury, 2014, 28, 8, 1052, , , , ,
- 2Cognitive changes and dementia risk after traumatic brain injury: Implications for aging military personnel, Alzheimer's & Dementia, 2014, 10, 3, S174, , ,
- 3Diffusion Tensor Imaging Reveals Acute Subcortical Changes after Mild Blast-Induced Traumatic Brain Injury, Scientific Reports, 2014, 4,, , , , , ,
- 4Systematic Review of Prognosis After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in the Military: Results of the International Collaboration on Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Prognosis, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2014, 95, 3, S230, , , , , ,
- 5Traumatic Brain Injury and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 2014, 37, 1, 55, , , , , ,
- 6Blast-related traumatic brain injury, The Lancet Neurology, 2013, 12, 9, 882, , , , , ,