Diffusion-weighted imaging and diagnosis of transient ischemic attack
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
© 2013 The Authors. Annals of Neurology published byWiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of the American Neurological Association
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Annals of Neurology
Volume 75, Issue 1, pages 67–76, January 2014
How to Cite
Brazzelli, M., Chappell, F. M., Miranda, H., Shuler, K., Dennis, M., Sandercock, P. A. G., Muir, K. and Wardlaw, J. M. (2014), Diffusion-weighted imaging and diagnosis of transient ischemic attack. Ann Neurol., 75: 67–76. doi: 10.1002/ana.24026
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 OCT 2013 10:05AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 27 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 JUN 2013
- 1Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2013;380:2095–2128., , , et al.
- 3Is it a vascular event and where is the lesion? Identifying and interpreting the symptoms and signs of cerebrovascular disease. In: Stroke: practical management. 3rd ed. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing, 2008:35–130., , , et al.
- 4Frequency, main causes and long term prognosis in patients presenting with TIA and diagnosed as non-vascular (TIA mimics). http://kenes.com/stroke2012/abstractcd/pdf/1154.pdf., , , et al.
- 11National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). Stroke. The diagnosis and acute management of stroke and transient ischaemic attacks. CG68, 1–37. London, UK: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2008.
- 12Definition and evaluation of transient ischemic attack: a scientific statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council; Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia; Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention; Council on Cardiovascular Nursing; and the Interdisciplinary Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease. Stroke 2009;40:2276–2293., , , et al.
- 14An updated definition of stroke for the 21st century: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke 2013;44:2064–2089., , , et al.
- 31MRI findings and stroke risk in TIA patients with different symptom durations. Neurology 2013;80:1920–1926., .
- 37The impact of MRI on stroke management and outcomes: a systematic review. J Eval Clin Pract, doi: 10.1111/jep.12011., , , et al.
- 40Disparities in evaluation at certified primary stroke centers: reasons for geographic and racial differences in stroke. Stroke 2013;44:1930–1935., , , et al.