Low-frequency line temperatures of the CMB (Cosmic Microwave Background)
Version of Record online: 17 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Annalen der Physik
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 634–639, September 2009
How to Cite
Hofmann, R. (2009), Low-frequency line temperatures of the CMB (Cosmic Microwave Background). Ann. Phys., 18: 634–639. doi: 10.1002/andp.200910361
- Issue online: 17 AUG 2009
- Version of Record online: 17 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 15 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAR 2009
- SU(2) Yang-Mills thermodynamics;
- unexplained extragalactic emission;
- spectral index of CMB line temperature.
Based on SU(2) Yang-Mills thermodynamics we interprete Aracde2's and the results of earlier radio-surveys on low-frequency cosmic microwave background (CMB) line temperatures as a phase-boundary effect. We explain the excess at low frequencies by evanescent, nonthermal photon fields of the CMB whose intensity is nulled by that of Planck distributed calibrator photons. The CMB baseline temperature thus is identified with the critical temperature of the deconfining-preconfining transition.