Relativistic Landau-He-McKellar-Wilkens quantization induced by noninertial effects
Article first published online: 21 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Annalen der Physik
Volume 523, Issue 10, pages 762–770, October 2011
How to Cite
Bakke, K. (2011), Relativistic Landau-He-McKellar-Wilkens quantization induced by noninertial effects. Ann. Phys., 523: 762–770. doi: 10.1002/andp.201100018
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 21 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Received: 3 FEB 2011
- CNPq (Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico, Brazil)
- Permanent electric dipole moment;
- Fermi-Walker reference frame;
- Landau-He-McKellar-Wilkens quantization.
We show that the relativistic analogue of the Landau-He-McKellar-Wilkens quantization can be achieved through the noninertial effects of the Fermi-Walker reference frame without assuming the existence of a magnetic charge density and discuss the nonrelativistic limit of the energy levels. We also obtain the Dirac spinors for positive-energy values parallel and antiparallel to the z axis of the spacetime and obtain the Gordon decomposition of the Dirac probability current Jμ.