This article is dedicated to Dieter Vollhardt on the occasion of his 60th birthday.
Superperturbation theory on the real axis†
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Annalen der Physik
Special Issue: Special Topic Issue “Electronic Correlations in Models and Materials”
Volume 523, Issue 8-9, pages 706–714, August 2011
How to Cite
Jung, C., Wilhelm, A., Hafermann, H., Brener, S. and Lichtenstein, A. (2011), Superperturbation theory on the real axis. Ann. Phys., 523: 706–714. doi: 10.1002/andp.201100043
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 9 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 21 FEB 2011
- Cluster of Excellence Nanospintronics (LExI Hamburg)
- DFG. Grant Numbers: FOR 1346, 436113/938/0-R
- dual perturbation theory;
- impurity solvers.
In this article we formulate the superperturbation theory for the Anderson impurity model on the real axis. The resulting impurity solver allows to evaluate dynamical quantities without numerical analytical continuation by the maximum entropy method or Padé approximants. This makes the solver well suited to study multiplet effects in solids within the dynamical mean field theory. First examples including multi-orbital problems are discussed.