Dedicated to Ulrich Eckern on the occasion of his 60th birthday.
Discretized thermal Green's functions†
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Annalen der Physik
Special Issue: Quantum Dynamics of Nano-Structured Systems
Volume 524, Issue 3-4, pages 147–152, April 2012
How to Cite
Granath, M., Sabashvili, A., Strand, H.U.R. and Östlund, S. (2012), Discretized thermal Green's functions. Ann. Phys., 524: 147–152. doi: 10.1002/andp.201100262
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 12 OCT 2011
- , , and , Quantum Field Theoretical Methods in Many Body Physics, 2nd edition (Pergamon, Oxford, 1965).
- and , Quantum Many-Particle Systems (Addison-Wesley, New York, 1988).
- By numerically exact we mean a convergent solution computable to any number of significant figures with a realistic amount of computer time. Calculations were done using arbitrary precision arithmetic in Mathematica. We have had no trouble performing calculations with several hundred significant digits in order to resolve a large number of poles in the Green's function.
- It should be noted for any calculation for regularly spaced imaginary time coordinates, be it quantum Monte Carlo or perturbative Green's function calculations, the natural expansion is a Green's function of the form Eq. 1 that fits all the “Matsubara” data rather than a direct fit of the continuum form 1/( i ωn - εk).
- , Progress in Nonequilibrium Green's Functions, in: Proceedings of the Conference “Kadanoff-Baym Equations Progress and Perspectives for Many-body Physics”, Rostock Germany, 20–24 September, 1999 (World Scientific, Singapore, 2000).