We would like to thank Professor Barry M. Trost (Stanford University) for helpful discussions. We also thank Dr. Shouquan Huo for performing initial hydrogenation experiments with ketone 5 a and for observing that the Ru/bicp/3 a-catalyzed hydrogenation of 5 a gave opposite enantiomers of the product 6 a when the solvent was changed from MeOH to EtOH. The pioneering work of Dr. Charles Tucker and Dr. Qiongzhong Jiang with bicp for the reduction of ketones is gratefully acknowledged. bicp=2,2′-bis(diphenylphosphanyl)-1,1′-dicyclopentane.
Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Ketones Catalyzed by RuII–bicp Complexes†
Article first published online: 12 MAY 2004
Copyright © 2004 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 116, Issue 21, pages 2876–2879, May 17, 2004
How to Cite
Genov, D. G. and Ager, D. J. (2004), Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Ketones Catalyzed by RuII–bicp Complexes. Angew. Chem., 116: 2876–2879. doi: 10.1002/ange.200353441
- Issue published online: 12 MAY 2004
- Article first published online: 12 MAY 2004
- Manuscript Received: 2 DEC 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!