J.G. acknowledges partial financial support from an NSF predoctoral fellowship. This work was supported through an NSF-CAREER Award (CTS-0134561) and a DOE-BES Catalysis Science Grant (DE-FG02-03ER15469). We thank DOE-NERSC and NSF-NPACI for supercomputing time. Fruitful discussions on the atomic-scale aspects of defects on metal surfaces with Professor Joost Wintterlin are gratefully acknowledged.
Strain-Induced Formation of Subsurface Species in Transition Metals†
Article first published online: 13 AUG 2004
Copyright © 2004 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 116, Issue 33, pages 4396–4400, August 20, 2004
How to Cite
Greeley, J., Krekelberg, W. P. and Mavrikakis, M. (2004), Strain-Induced Formation of Subsurface Species in Transition Metals. Angew. Chem., 116: 4396–4400. doi: 10.1002/ange.200454062
- Issue published online: 13 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 13 AUG 2004
- Manuscript Received: 20 FEB 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!