The authors gratefully acknowledge fruitful discussions with R. D. Ernst and partial support from the U.S. DOE (grant no. DE FG 03-93ER45504) and the ACS PRF (grant no. 36165-AC5). Dedicated to Harry B. Gray for his pioneering studies in the area of homoleptic metallocyanides.
The Myth of Cyanide Always Being a Strong-Field Ligand: Synthesis and Structural Characterization of Homoleptic S=2 Pentacyanochromate(II), [CrII(CN)5]3−, and Nonacyanodichromate(II), [(CN)9]5−†
Article first published online: 14 APR 2005
Copyright © 2005 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 117, Issue 20, pages 3189–3192, May 13, 2005
How to Cite
Nelson, K. J., Giles, I. D., Shum, W. W., Arif, A. M. and Miller, J. S. (2005), The Myth of Cyanide Always Being a Strong-Field Ligand: Synthesis and Structural Characterization of Homoleptic S=2 Pentacyanochromate(II), [CrII(CN)5]3−, and Nonacyanodichromate(II), [(CN)9]5−. Angew. Chem., 117: 3189–3192. doi: 10.1002/ange.200462763
- Issue published online: 9 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 1 FEB 2005
- Manuscript Received: 1 DEC 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!