We are grateful to the National Institutes of Health for financial support (GM068011). Mass spectra were obtained on instruments supported by the NIH Shared Instrument Grant GM49631. We are particularly grateful to Prof. William von Eggers Doering of Harvard University for insightful and provocative discussions. We are indebted to Dr. Jeffrey I. Seeman for many thoughtful discussions and encouragement. We thank our co-workers, Dr. Thomas J. Greshock and Brandon English, for independently checking and repeating our best determined experimental conditions using the Rabe–Kindler conversion of d-quinotoxine into quinine procedure.
Rabe Rest in Peace: Confirmation of the Rabe–Kindler Conversion of d-Quinotoxine Into Quinine: Experimental Affirmation of the Woodward–Doering Formal Total Synthesis of Quinine†
Article first published online: 31 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2008 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 120, Issue 9, pages 1760–1764, February 15, 2008
How to Cite
Smith, Aaron C. and Williams, Robert M. (2008), Rabe Rest in Peace: Confirmation of the Rabe–Kindler Conversion of d-Quinotoxine Into Quinine: Experimental Affirmation of the Woodward–Doering Formal Total Synthesis of Quinine. Angew. Chem., 120: 1760–1764. doi: 10.1002/ange.200705421
- Issue published online: 11 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 31 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 26 NOV 2007
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: GM068011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!