We thank Steve Weiner and Lia Addadi for fruitful discussions and Pupa Gilbert for kindly sharing her X-ray microdiffraction beamtime. Financial support from the National Basic Research Program of China (Grant Nos. 2007CB815602, 2007CB936201) and NSFC (Grant Nos. 50902002, 20873002, 21073005, and 50821061) is gratefully acknowledged. The Advanced Light Source is supported by the Director, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, Materials Science Division, of the U.S. Department of Energy under Contract No. DE-AC02-05CH11231 at LBNL.
Structure and Mechanical Properties of a Pteropod Shell Consisting of Interlocked Helical Aragonite Nanofibers†
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 123, Issue 44, pages 10545–10549, October 24, 2011
How to Cite
Zhang, T., Ma, Y., Chen, K., Kunz, M., Tamura, N., Qiang, M., Xu, J. and Qi, L. (2011), Structure and Mechanical Properties of a Pteropod Shell Consisting of Interlocked Helical Aragonite Nanofibers. Angew. Chem., 123: 10545–10549. doi: 10.1002/ange.201103407
- Issue published online: 18 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAY 2011
- National Basic Research Program of China. Grant Numbers: 2007CB815602, 2007CB936201
- NSFC. Grant Numbers: 50902002, 20873002, 21073005, 50821061
- Director, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, Materials Science Division, of the U.S. Department of Energy. Grant Number: DE-AC02-05CH11231
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!