We thank David Kysela for discussions and critical reading of the manuscript, Bill Turner and Alvin Kalinda for their help in simplifying the synthesis of FDAAs and Prof. Patricia Foster and the members of her laboratory for their support during the initial stages of the project. M.S.V. was funded by National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant AI 059327, Y.V.B. by NIH grant GM051986, M.A.P. by Ministry of Education and Science (Spain) grant BFU2006-04574 and by the Fundación Ramón Areces, F.C. by MICINN (Spain) grant RYC-2010-06241, and P.J.B. by NIH National Research Service Award AI072992.
In Situ Probing of Newly Synthesized Peptidoglycan in Live Bacteria with Fluorescent D-Amino Acids†
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 124, Issue 50, pages 12687–12691, December 7, 2012
How to Cite
Kuru, E., Hughes, H. V., Brown, P. J., Hall, E., Tekkam, S., Cava, F., de Pedro, M. A., Brun, Y. V. and VanNieuwenhze, M. S. (2012), In Situ Probing of Newly Synthesized Peptidoglycan in Live Bacteria with Fluorescent D-Amino Acids . Angew. Chem., 124: 12687–12691. doi: 10.1002/ange.201206749
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 AUG 2012
- National Institutes of Health
- NIH. Grant Numbers: AI 059327, GM051986
- Ministry of Education and Science. Grant Number: BFU2006-04574
- Fundación Ramón Areces
- MICINN. Grant Number: RYC-2010-06241
- NIH National Research Service Award. Grant Number: AI072992
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!