We thank Dr. Eugenia Klein for her help with the ESEM experiments, and Dr. Stefan Siegel and Dr. Chenghao Li for their help with the diffraction experiments. X-ray diffraction studies were conducted at the μ-Spot beamline of the BESSY II Synchrotron Radiation Facility, which is part of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie. The research was supported by a German Research Foundation grant within the framework of the Deutsch–Israelische Projektkooperation DIP. L.A. is the incumbent of the Dorothy and Patrick Gorman Professorial Chair of Biological Ultrastructure, and S.W. of the Dr. Trude Burchardt Professorial Chair of Structural Biology.
Calcite Crystal Growth by a Solid-State Transformation of Stabilized Amorphous Calcium Carbonate Nanospheres in a Hydrogel†
Article first published online: 4 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 125, Issue 18, pages 4967–4970, April 26, 2013
How to Cite
Gal, A., Habraken, W., Gur, D., Fratzl, P., Weiner, S. and Addadi, L. (2013), Calcite Crystal Growth by a Solid-State Transformation of Stabilized Amorphous Calcium Carbonate Nanospheres in a Hydrogel . Angew. Chem., 125: 4967–4970. doi: 10.1002/ange.201210329
- Issue published online: 21 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 DEC 2012
- German Research Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!