We thank the National University of Singapore (grant no. 143-000-509-112), A*STAR-Public Sector Funding (grant no. 143-000-536-305), and GSK-EDB (grant no. 143-000-564-592) for financial support. D.T. would like to thank and acknowledge A*STAR for sponsoring his PhD scholarship.
Desymmetrization of Diolefinic Diols by Enantioselective Amino-thiocarbamate-Catalyzed Bromoetherification: Synthesis of Chiral Spirocycles†
Article first published online: 6 APR 2014
© 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 126, Issue 20, pages 5261–5264, May 12, 2014
How to Cite
Tay, D. W., Leung, G. Y. C. and Yeung, Y.-Y. (2014), Desymmetrization of Diolefinic Diols by Enantioselective Amino-thiocarbamate-Catalyzed Bromoetherification: Synthesis of Chiral Spirocycles. Angew. Chem., 126: 5261–5264. doi: 10.1002/ange.201310136
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 6 APR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 27 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 21 NOV 2013
- National University of Singapore. Grant Number: 143-000-509-112
- A*STAR-Public Sector Funding. Grant Number: 143-000-536-305
- GSK-EDB. Grant Number: 143-000-564-592
- Asymmetrische Katalyse;
A facile, efficient, and highly diastereo- and enantioselective bromoetherification of diolefinic diols has been developed using an amino-thiocarbamate catalyst. Further manipulations of the bromoether products enabled entry into a new class of spirocycles which are distinctively lacking in the literature.