These authors contributed equally to this work.
Macroscopic Free-Standing Hierarchical 3D Architectures Assembled from Silver Nanowires by Ice Templating†
Article first published online: 28 MAR 2014
© 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 126, Issue 18, pages 4649–4654, April 25, 2014
How to Cite
Gao, H.-L., Xu, L., Long, F., Pan, Z., Du, Y.-X., Lu, Y., Ge, J. and Yu, S.-H. (2014), Macroscopic Free-Standing Hierarchical 3D Architectures Assembled from Silver Nanowires by Ice Templating. Angew. Chem., 126: 4649–4654. doi: 10.1002/ange.201400457
This work is supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China, the National Basic Research Program of China (Grants 2012BAD32B05-4, 2010CB934700, 2013CB933900, 2014CB931800), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grants 91022032, 91227103, 21061160492, J1030412), and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (Grant KJZD-EW-M01-1).
- Issue published online: 25 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 28 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 14 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2014
- Ministry of Science and Technology of China
- National Basic Research Program of China. Grant Numbers: 2012BAD32B05-4, 2010CB934700, 2013CB933900, 2014CB931800
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 91022032, 91227103, 21061160492, J1030412
- Chinese Academy of Sciences. Grant Number: KJZD-EW-M01-1
- Hierarchische Strukturen;
- Leitfähige Materialien;
As macroscopic three dimensional (3D) architectures show increasing significance, much effort has been devoted to the hierarchical organization of 1D nanomaterials into serviceable macroscopic 3D assemblies. How to assemble 1D nanoscale building blocks into 3D hierarchical architectures is still a challenge. Herein we report a general strategy based on the use of ice as a template for assembling 1D nanostructures with high efficiency and good controllability. Free-standing macroscopic 3D Ag nanowire (AgNW) assemblies with hierarchical binary-network architectures are then fabricated from a 1D AgNW suspension for the first time. The microstructure of this 3D AgNW network endows it with electrical conductivity and allows it to be made into stretchable and foldable conductors with high electromechanical stability. These properties should make this kind of macroscopic 3D AgNW architecture and it composites suitable for electronic applications.