Because the term neighboring group participation is reserved for “through space” interactions between substituent and reaction center , all interactions between non-neighboring groups or orbitals (distance ≥ 1,3) are designated as proximity effects in this article, irrespective of whether they are “through space” or “through bond” in nature.
Proximity Effects in Organic Chemistry—The Photoelectron Spectroscopic Investigation of Non-Bonding and Transannular Interactions†
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2003
Copyright © 1983 by Verlag Chemie, GmbH, Germany
Angewandte Chemie International Edition in English
Volume 22, Issue 4, pages 283–314, April 1983
How to Cite
Martin, H.-D. and Mayer, B. (1983), Proximity Effects in Organic Chemistry—The Photoelectron Spectroscopic Investigation of Non-Bonding and Transannular Interactions. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl., 22: 283–314. doi: 10.1002/anie.198302831
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Received: 23 DEC 1982
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!