We wish to thank the University of Cambridge for support and experimental assistance, Prof. C. A. Fyfe (Ontario) for recording the 27Al-MAS-NMR spectra, Dr. S. R. Elliott for preparing the soda glass, and Dr. W. E. Hull and Dr. D. Müller for their experimental help. We are grateful for the support of the Science and Engineering Research Council and B. P. Co. Ltd. The Sol-gel research of Rustum Roy is supported by NSF Grant No. DMR-8110476.
Probing the Environment of Al Atoms in Noncrystalline Solids: Al2O3SiO2 Gels, Soda Glass, and Mullite Precursors†
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2003
Copyright © 1983 by Verlag Chemie, GmbH, Germany
Angewandte Chemie International Edition in English
Volume 22, Issue 8, pages 614–616, August 1983
How to Cite
Thomas, J. M., Klinowski, J., Wright, P. A. and Roy, R. (1983), Probing the Environment of Al Atoms in Noncrystalline Solids: Al2O3SiO2 Gels, Soda Glass, and Mullite Precursors. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl., 22: 614–616. doi: 10.1002/anie.198306141
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 1983
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!