This work was supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (No. 15560587) and the 21st Century COE program “KEIO Life Conjugated Chemistry” from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, Japan. We thank Mikimoto Pearl Museum for kindly providing nacre samples. Y. O. is grateful for a JSPS research fellowship for young scientists.
The Hierarchical Architecture of Nacre and Its Mimetic Material†
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2005 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 44, Issue 40, pages 6571–6575, October 14, 2005
How to Cite
Oaki, Y. and Imai, H. (2005), The Hierarchical Architecture of Nacre and Its Mimetic Material. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 44: 6571–6575. doi: 10.1002/anie.200500338
- Issue published online: 7 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2005
- Manuscript Revised: 26 JUN 2005
- Manuscript Received: 28 JAN 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!