This work was supported by the Donors of the Petroleum Research Fund (administered by the American Chemical Society), the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation (New Faculty Award to J.W.B.), and the University of California. K.D.B. was a 2005 DeWolfe Summer Undergraduate Fellow. We are grateful to Joshua Garretson for preliminary efforts.
Chemoselective Amide Ligations by Decarboxylative Condensations of N-Alkylhydroxylamines and α-Ketoacids†
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 45, Issue 8, pages 1248–1252, February 13, 2006
How to Cite
Bode, J. W., Fox, R. M. and Baucom, K. D. (2006), Chemoselective Amide Ligations by Decarboxylative Condensations of N-Alkylhydroxylamines and α-Ketoacids. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 45: 1248–1252. doi: 10.1002/anie.200503991
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Received: 9 NOV 2005
- 9For selected recent examples, see:
- 15For other oxidative decarboxylative process of α-ketoacids, see:
- 17Although we have confirmed that epimerization of the peptide ketoacids does not occur during the reaction, the synthesis of enantiopure ketoacids presents some challenges. We have developed a new approach for their preparation that will be reported in due course.
- 20Further studies on the unique reactivity and synthetic potential of the isoxazolidine substrates will be reported shortly.