We are grateful to J. Bernhagen for helpful discussions and to K. Alexandrov and R. S. Goody for help with analysis of fluorescence data. We thank A. Kazantzis, K. Tenidis, M. Waldner, H. Vasen, and M. Müsken for peptide synthesis and D. Bächle, PANATecs GmbH, R. Fischer, and H. Kalbacher for MALDI measurements. This work was supported in part by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG). Aβ=β-amyloid peptide; IAPP=islet amyloid polypeptide.
IAPP Mimic Blocks Aβ Cytotoxic Self-Assembly: Cross-Suppression of Amyloid Toxicity of Aβ and IAPP Suggests a Molecular Link between Alzheimer's Disease and Type II Diabetes†
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2007
Copyright © 2007 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 46, Issue 8, pages 1246–1252, February 12, 2007
How to Cite
Yan, L.-M., Velkova, A., Tatarek-Nossol, M., Andreetto, E. and Kapurniotu, A. (2007), IAPP Mimic Blocks Aβ Cytotoxic Self-Assembly: Cross-Suppression of Amyloid Toxicity of Aβ and IAPP Suggests a Molecular Link between Alzheimer's Disease and Type II Diabetes. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 46: 1246–1252. doi: 10.1002/anie.200604056
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2007
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 3 OCT 2006
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!