This research was supported by the Max Planck Society and the Biofuture program of the BMBF. R. Sonntag is acknowledged for help with the fermentation procedure and J. Schorch for technical assistance with the cell fractioning. D.F. acknowledges support from a Marie Curie Fellowship from the European Union (project BacMag, EIF-2005-009637).
Intracellular Magnetite Biomineralization in Bacteria Proceeds by a Distinct Pathway Involving Membrane-Bound Ferritin and an Iron(II) Species†
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 46, Issue 44, pages 8495–8499, November 12, 2007
How to Cite
Faivre, D., Böttger, Lars H., Matzanke, Berthold F. and Schüler, D. (2007), Intracellular Magnetite Biomineralization in Bacteria Proceeds by a Distinct Pathway Involving Membrane-Bound Ferritin and an Iron(II) Species. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 46: 8495–8499. doi: 10.1002/anie.200700927
- Issue published online: 2 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 30 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAR 2007
- Max Planck Society
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!