This work was supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (19750036) and the Global COE Program, “Science for Future Molecular Systems” from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
Doubly N-Fused Porphyrin†
Article first published online: 10 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 47, Issue 46, pages 8913–8916, November 3, 2008
How to Cite
Toganoh, M., Kimura, T., Uno, H. and Furuta, H. (2008), Doubly N-Fused Porphyrin. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 47: 8913–8916. doi: 10.1002/anie.200803670
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 10 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Received: 28 JUL 2008
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan. Grant Number: 19750036
- density functional calculations;
Are you N-fused? Doubly N-fused porphyrin (see picture; Br red, F green, N blue) exhibits exceptionally long-wavelength absorption for an 18π aromatic system (in excess of 1600 nm). The HOMO–LUMO energy gap of doubly N-fused porphyrin is extremely small for an annulenic compound and results from endocyclic extension of the porphyrin π system.