We thank Dr. M. Aizenberg for discussions. This work was supported by the National Institute for Nano Engineering (NINE) program at Sandia National Laboratories; U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, and the Division of Materials Science and Engineering, grants DE-SC0005247 (responsive hydrogel actuation systems), DE-FG02-02-ER15368 (multiphoton lithography capabilities), and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, grants 9550-10-1-0054 (hybrid materials and devices displaying a symbiotic relationship between the biotic and abiotic components), and FA9550-09-1-0669-DOD35CAP (responsive optics). Sandia is a multiprogram laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Company, for the United States DOE’s NNSA under contract DE-AC04-94AL85000. B.K. gratefully acknowledges the Sandia National Laboratories Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering and the Laboratory Directed Research and Development program for support. L.D.Z. thanks the Department of Defense for support through the National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship Program, as well as the National Science Foundation for support through the Graduate Research Fellowship Program. M.K. acknowledges the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation for support through a Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship.
Direct Writing and Actuation of Three-Dimensionally Patterned Hydrogel Pads on Micropillar Supports†
Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 50, Issue 40, pages 9356–9360, September 26, 2011
How to Cite
Zarzar, L. D., Kim, P., Kolle, M., Brinker, C. J., Aizenberg, J. and Kaehr, B. (2011), Direct Writing and Actuation of Three-Dimensionally Patterned Hydrogel Pads on Micropillar Supports. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 50: 9356–9360. doi: 10.1002/anie.201102975
- Issue online: 21 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2011
- National Institute for Nano Engineering
- Department of Energy
- Office of Basic Energy Sciences
- Division of Materials Science and Engineering. Grant Numbers: DE-SC0005247, DE-FG02-02-ER15368
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research. Grant Numbers: 9550-10-1-0054, FA9550-09-1-0669-DOD35CAP, DE-AC04-94AL85000
- Sandia National Laboratories Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering
- Laboratory Directed Research and Development
- Department of Defense
- National Science Foundation
- Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!