We thank Dr. M. Aizenberg for discussions. This work was supported by the National Institute for Nano Engineering (NINE) program at Sandia National Laboratories; U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, and the Division of Materials Science and Engineering, grants DE-SC0005247 (responsive hydrogel actuation systems), DE-FG02-02-ER15368 (multiphoton lithography capabilities), and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, grants 9550-10-1-0054 (hybrid materials and devices displaying a symbiotic relationship between the biotic and abiotic components), and FA9550-09-1-0669-DOD35CAP (responsive optics). Sandia is a multiprogram laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Company, for the United States DOE’s NNSA under contract DE-AC04-94AL85000. B.K. gratefully acknowledges the Sandia National Laboratories Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering and the Laboratory Directed Research and Development program for support. L.D.Z. thanks the Department of Defense for support through the National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship Program, as well as the National Science Foundation for support through the Graduate Research Fellowship Program. M.K. acknowledges the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation for support through a Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship.
Direct Writing and Actuation of Three-Dimensionally Patterned Hydrogel Pads on Micropillar Supports†
Article first published online: 22 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 50, Issue 40, pages 9356–9360, September 26, 2011
How to Cite
Zarzar, L. D., Kim, P., Kolle, M., Brinker, C. J., Aizenberg, J. and Kaehr, B. (2011), Direct Writing and Actuation of Three-Dimensionally Patterned Hydrogel Pads on Micropillar Supports. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 50: 9356–9360. doi: 10.1002/anie.201102975
- Issue published online: 21 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 22 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2011
- National Institute for Nano Engineering
- Department of Energy
- Office of Basic Energy Sciences
- Division of Materials Science and Engineering. Grant Numbers: DE-SC0005247, DE-FG02-02-ER15368
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research. Grant Numbers: 9550-10-1-0054, FA9550-09-1-0669-DOD35CAP, DE-AC04-94AL85000
- Sandia National Laboratories Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering
- Laboratory Directed Research and Development
- Department of Defense
- National Science Foundation
- Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation
Detailed facts of importance to specialist readers are published as ”Supporting Information”. Such documents are peer-reviewed, but not copy-edited or typeset. They are made available as submitted by the authors.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.