D.B. and S.H. conceived the idea and designed the experiments. D.B. synthesized the molecules and carried out optical spectroscopy; R.T. and M.M. designed and performed LS measurements, T.L. and J.P.R. designed and performed the SFM measurements. D.B. and S.H. wrote the paper. D.B., S.H., J.P.R., and M.M. discussed the results and commented on the manuscript. Generous support by the German Research Foundation (DFG) through SFB 658, subprojects A3 and B8 is gratefully acknowledged. Wacker Chemie AG, BASF AG, Bayer Industry Services, and Sasol Germany are thanked for generous donations of chemicals.
Light-Orchestrated Macromolecular “Accordions”: Reversible Photoinduced Shrinking of Rigid-Rod Polymers†
Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 50, Issue 52, pages 12559–12563, December 23, 2011
How to Cite
Bléger, D., Liebig, T., Thiermann, R., Maskos, M., Rabe, J. P. and Hecht, S. (2011), Light-Orchestrated Macromolecular “Accordions”: Reversible Photoinduced Shrinking of Rigid-Rod Polymers. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 50: 12559–12563. doi: 10.1002/anie.201106879
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 28 SEP 2011
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!