We thank Newcastle University for funding (L.H.D.) and the EPSRC for a Career Acceleration Fellowship (L.J.H.), an equipment grant (W.C.), their National Mass Spectrometry Service Centre, Swansea (UK), and the Newcastle-operated synchrotron component of their National Crystallography Service. We also thank STFC for access to synchrotron facilities at Diamond Light Source.
Air-Stable, Highly Fluorescent Primary Phosphanes†
Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 51, Issue 20, pages 4921–4924, May 14, 2012
How to Cite
Davies, L. H., Stewart, B., Harrington, R. W., Clegg, W. and Higham, L. J. (2012), Air-Stable, Highly Fluorescent Primary Phosphanes. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51: 4921–4924. doi: 10.1002/anie.201108416
- Issue online: 8 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 NOV 2011
- Funded Access
- Newcastle University
- 6The difluoride analogue of 3 a/b was prepared, but reduction of this compound with LiAlH4 resulted in decomposition of the backbone.
- 7The quantum yield was referenced to 4,4-difluoro-8-phenyl-1,3,5,7-tetramethyl-2,6-diethyl-4-bora-3a,4a-diaza-s-indacene, Φ=0.76 in THF. Other photophysical properties: λabs=524 nm, λem=537 nm, ε=86 000 M−1 cm−1.
- 12Crystal data for 4 b: C25H34BN2P, M=404.32, monoclinic, space group P21/n, a=7.9693(6), b=11.0597(7), c=26.1232(16) Å, β=90.343(6)°, V=2302.4(3) Å3, Z=4, T=150 K, 4902 reflections collected, merging of equivalent reflections prevented by twinning, R(F, F2>2σ)=0.0401, Rw(F2, all data)=0.1078, goodness of fit=1.031. Crystal data for 6 b: C55H60BClN2O2P3Re, M=1106.42, monoclinic, space group P21, a=8.1749(4), b=10.0931(4), c=33.0892(12) Å, β=91.786(4)°, V=2728.9(2) Å3, Z=2, T=150 K, 17 360 reflections collected, 10 027 unique, Rint=0.0381, R(F, F2>2σ)=0.0348, Rw(F2, all data)=0.0749, goodness of fit=1.013. CCDC 849750, 849751, 849752, 849753, 849754 contain the supplementary crystallographic data for this paper. These data can be obtained free of charge from The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre via www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/data_request/cif.