These authors contributed equally to this work.
Synthesis and Characterization of a Metallapyridyne Complex†
Article first published online: 31 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 51, Issue 39, pages 9838–9841, September 24, 2012
How to Cite
Wang, T., Zhang, H., Han, F., Lin, R., Lin, Z. and Xia, H. (2012), Synthesis and Characterization of a Metallapyridyne Complex . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51: 9838–9841. doi: 10.1002/anie.201204073
We thank the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 20801046 20925208) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 201112G002) and the 973 Program (No. 2012CB821600).
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 31 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAY 2012
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 20801046, 20925208
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities. Grant Number: 201112G002
- 973 Program. Grant Number: 2012CB821600
- structure elucidation;
- synthetic methods
Building bridges: The first m-metallapyridine and the first metallapyridyne were synthesized under mild reaction conditions (see scheme). The two complexes are metal-bridged polycyclic metallabenzenoid aromatics, in which the transition-metal center is shared by both six-membered rings. The synthetic method permits the use of metallabenzene as a starting material to access higher π-electron metallaaromatics.