This work was supported by the EPSRC, COST action CM0802 PhoSciNet, and the EPSRC national mass spectrometry service centre (NMSSC), Swansea.
Isolable Phosphanylidene Phosphorane with a Sterically Accessible Two-Coordinate Phosphorus Atom†
Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 51, Issue 40, pages 10150–10153, October 1, 2012
How to Cite
Surgenor, B. A., Bühl, M., Slawin, A. M. Z., Woollins, J. D. and Kilian, P. (2012), Isolable Phosphanylidene Phosphorane with a Sterically Accessible Two-Coordinate Phosphorus Atom . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51: 10150–10153. doi: 10.1002/anie.201204998
- Issue published online: 26 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 18 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUN 2012
- COST action CM0802 PhoSciNet
- EPSRC national mass spectrometry service centre (NMSSC)
- 1For reviews, see
- 1bMultiple Bonds and Low Coordination in Phosphorus Chemistry (Eds.: M. Regitz, O. J. Scherer), Thieme, Stuttgart, 1990, pp. 338–351;in
- 2For synthesis and reactions of acyclic, bulky-substituent-stabilized phosphanylidene phosphoranes 5 a and 5 b, see
- 3For synthesis and reactions of a the (cyclic)phosphanylidene phosphorane 6 stabilized by bulky substituents at the ethylenic moiety, see:
- 4Several (isolable)phosphinophosphanylidene phosphoranes R′2PPPR3 have been reported from the group of Fritz (see Ref. [1a]), however their chemistry is rather different because of the special nature of the phosphinophosphanylidene group.
- 7CCDC 887823 (2), 887824 (3), and 887825 (4) contain the supplementary crystallographic data for this paper. These data can be obtained free of charge from The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre via www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/data_request/cif.
- 9Chem. Commun. 1997, 981–982; Angew. Chem. 2001, 113, 3241–3244; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2001, 40, 3144–3148; Pure Appl. Chem. 1998, 70, 765–768., , , , ,
- 10Note the widely varying molecular topology (acyclic versus strained cyclic) and large variations in the central Pphosphorane-Pphosphanylidene-C angles (calculated angles range from 70.9 to 111.5°) in the series 3, 5 a, and 6.
- 12Z. Naturforsch. B 1985, 40, 1306–1313., ,
- 14The B3LYP-optimized P2P3 distance is 2.159 Å, the resulting WBI of 1.30 is consistent with substantial double bond character.