We thank Dr. S. Siegel, Dr. C. Li and Dr. I. Zizak for their invaluable help in the μ-Spot X-ray diffraction studies. We thank the Mag Noi company from Kibbutz Gan Shmuel Israel, for supplying the fish. X-ray studies were conducted at the μ-Spot beamline of the BESSY II synchrotron radiation facility, which is part of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie, and received funding from the European Community’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement no. 226716. The research was supported by a German Research Foundation grant, within the framework of the Deutsch-Israelische Projektkooperation DIP. L.A. is the incumbent of the Dorothy and Patrick Gorman Professorial Chair of Biological Ultrastructure, and S.W. of the Dr. Trude Burchardt Professorial Chair of Structural Biology.
Guanine-Based Photonic Crystals in Fish Scales Form from an Amorphous Precursor†
Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 388–391, January 2, 2013
How to Cite
Gur, D., Politi, Y., Sivan, B., Fratzl, P., Weiner, S. and Addadi, L. (2013), Guanine-Based Photonic Crystals in Fish Scales Form from an Amorphous Precursor. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 388–391. doi: 10.1002/anie.201205336
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUL 2012
- European Community’s Seventh Framework Programme. Grant Numbers: FP7/2007-2013, 226716
- German Research Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!