This work was supported by the Institute for Collaborative Biotechnologies through grant W911NF-09-0001 from the U.S. Army Research Office. The content of the information does not necessarily reflect the position or the policy of the Government, and no official endorsement should be inferred. We also acknowledge support by the Packard foundation for Science and Engineering, and the use of NMR facilities funded by the NSF MRSEC grant DMR-1121053. J.M.F. acknowledges support of the Elings Postdoctoral Fellowship, UCSB CNSI. We thank Dr. Alexander Mikhailovsky for the setup and design of time-resolved optical absorption spectroscopy, Devin Edwards and Evan Geller for the setup of the laser-triggered EPR spectroscopy, and Dr. Katherine Stone, Anna Pavlova, Jeda Voska, Christopher Carnabatu, Aye Aye, and Maia Kinnebrew for development of molecular biology and protein purification procedures. The PR gene with the E108Q mutation and His-tag was provided by Dr. Gregg Whited (Genencor). Our work on PR started as a collaboration with Prof. Galen Stucky, Christopher Knoll, Dr. Chi Nguyen, Dr. Hongjun Liang, and Dr. Gregg Whited. We also thank Dr. Brandon Armstrong for apomyoglobin ODNP data given in the Supporting Information.
Transmembrane Protein Activation Refined by Site-Specific Hydration Dynamics†
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 52, Issue 7, pages 1953–1958, February 11, 2013
How to Cite
Hussain, S., Franck, J. M. and Han, S. (2013), Transmembrane Protein Activation Refined by Site-Specific Hydration Dynamics . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 52: 1953–1958. doi: 10.1002/anie.201206147
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 JUL 2012
- U.S. Army Research Office. Grant Number: W911NF-09-0001
- NSF MRSEC. Grant Number: DMR-1121053
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!