Funding was provided by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF): Y372 to K.B. We thank Fred W. McLafferty and Richard Knochenmuss for discussions.
Characterization of Modified RNA by Top-Down Mass Spectrometry†
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Volume 51, Issue 45, pages 11289–11292, November 5, 2012
How to Cite
Taucher, M. and Breuker, K. (2012), Characterization of Modified RNA by Top-Down Mass Spectrometry . Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51: 11289–11292. doi: 10.1002/anie.201206232
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2012
- Funded Access
- Austrian Science Fund (FWF). Grant Number: Y372
- 10The collision energies used for 22 nt RNA caused fragmentation of approximately 50 % of the ion population; only the remaining undissociated but highly activated [M−n H]n− ions were subjected to EDD. Because the deeper potential well for collisional activation trapped about twice as many ions, precursor-ion abundances for EDD with and without collisional activation were similar, and the spectra comparable in terms of their signal-to-noise ratio.